If you would like to start using Gmail in a more proactive way prior to the official cut-over date, please be aware of the following limitations before proceeding with the instructions below;
1. THIS IS NOT AN EMAIL SYNC. Any changes made in Office365 or Gmail will not be replicated to the other system
2. If you email from Gmail, it will not show up in your sent folder on Office365. The conversation threads will be incomplete.
INSTRUCTIONS: After logging into your new Gmail accounts,
1. Select the gear icon and then SETTINGS
2. Select the ACCOUNTS and IMPORT tab
3. Select the ADD A POP3 MAIL ACCOUNT YOU OWN from the last section
4. When prompted for an account email address, just enter your first firstname.lastname@example.org (you cannot use you actually email address for this step.
5. For user name, enter your real email address and the password you use when logging into Office365
6. For POP SERVER, enter outlook.office365.com on port 995
7. ONLY select the first 2 checkboxes, then save changes