• Please find enrollment information for the 2020-2021 school year. 

    1. Enrollment card 

    2. Enrollment Supplement sheet with course names and course numbers. Pay close attention to pre-req’s

    3. The Academic Planning Guide To view course descriptions and graduation requirements, please go to http://www.jcschools.us/domain/3321. Select enrollment folder.

    4. Transcript Please access through your student portal for reviewing for course selections


    Please complete the following:


    1. First, look over your transcript (this is available to you through your student portal account) and the credit summary. Please select courses totaling 7.0 credits/7.5 Marching Band plus 2.0 credits alternates

      Start with courses that you still need for your graduation requirements. Choose electives that will help you meet your college and career goals. Do not take repeat electives…such as Foods I. 

    2. Review college prep certificate and departmental seal of excellence requirements. (Information located in 2020-2021 Academic Planning guide that is located in your graduation google classroom or on the JCHS counseling website. Please plan your courses to achieve any goals you have set for yourself.

    3. Next, complete the Enrollment Card in PENCIL, following the directions on the enrollment card CAREFULLY. Be sure to write the course number/letter and course name exactly as it is written on the supplement sheet where indicated on the enrollment cards. Remember to make sure the credits total 7.0/7.5 Marching Band.

    4. During the week of January 21-24, please have your core teachers sign off on your selection. Enrollment cards should be with you at all times. If you lose your enrollment card, please see the counseling office for an additional card. 

    5. Share with your parents/guardians prior to bringing back completed to school on January 27, 2020


    FYI’s for the upcoming school year:


      1. Graduation requirement of 27 credits to graduate

      2. Seniors are allowed to have part time schedules with two periods off per semester…must be on track for graduation.  See Activities and Athletics for MSHSAA requirements of attendance.  If you are involved in a MSHSAA related activity or sport, you may only have one period off per semester.  MUST sign a form of understanding before you are allowed to go part time.  See your counselor for this form.

      3. Blocked and single period classes:  Due to the change of schedules, some classes will be blocked so that you are able to finish out a sequence. Please note that all courses must meet a minimum number of enrolled students in order to be scheduled.  Please be specific on your enrollment card if you are requesting a blocked course.

      4. Early Graduation:  In order to be eligible for early graduation as a senior, you MUST request early graduation prior to the start of the 2020-2021 school year due to the need for a blocked Government class that is required for graduation.  You must complete the early grad application and have returned to your counselor prior to the end of this school year. Please note that any request for early graduation after the end of the 2019-2020 school year will have to seek special permission from administration and is NOT GUARANTEED due to the impact on the master schedule. 




    Monday, January 27, 2020 through Monday, February 3, 2020


      1. Enrollment Cards signed off by core teachers and completed are due on the assigned day you attend Language Arts.  Please see your Language Arts teacher for your date.

      2. Counselors will be in the library on the assigned day for collection of completed enrollment card. Students will enter course selections using their course planner in IC.  BRING YOUR CHARGED CHROMEBOOK TO THE LIBRARY FOR ENROLLMENT.

      3. All applications that are required for course sign-ups must be completed prior to being allowed to take the course.   You can locate applications in the counseling office or located on your Google graduation classroom. Please return all complete applications to your counselor. Failure to complete a course application will remove you from the course.    Courses requiring applications are Military Leadership and Civil Leadership.