Jefferson City High School students meeting the following requirements may be eligible for financial reimbursement (providing Jefferson City High School maintains A+ status and funds are available from the Missouri General Assembly):
- Have a signed A+ participant agreement on file at the student's high school. (Document can be found under the A+ Downloads page)
- Attend an A+ designated high school for three years prior to graduation.
- Graduate with an unweighted, unrounded cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Students must have scored Proficient or Advanced on the Algebra I End of Course (EOC) Exam or a qualifying Math ACT score based on GPA. For more information: https://www.jcschools.us/Page/7159
- Maintain at least a 95% cumulative attendance record in grades 9 - 12 (an attendance rate of 94.99% will not be rounded).
- Perform 50 hours of unpaid tutoring to other students in our district.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the use of alcohol and unlawful drugs (See Citizenship Guidelines document under A+ Downloads page)
- Make a documented good faith effort to apply for non-payback financial aid by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Register for Selective Service if applicable.
To maintain A+ eligibility at the post-secondary level, students must:
- Attend a Missouri community college or postsecondary career/technical school on a full-time basis and maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Make a good faith effort each year to first secure all available federal financial aid (FAFSA).