The mission of the JCPS Mentoring Program is to encourage and support our students through positive one-on-one relationships.
What is JC Mentoring?
- The program helps to assist in the building of a trusting relationship that brings young people together with caring individuals who offer guidance, support, and encouragement aimed at developing the confidence and character of the mentee.
- A mentor is a trained adult who, along with parents, provides a young person with support, counsel, friendship, reinforcement, and constructive example.
- The program takes place exclusively during the school day in 20 to 40 minutes sessions.
- Mentors are good listeners, people who care, people who want to help young people bring out strengths that are already there.
- A mentor is not a foster parent, doctor, social worker, disciplinarian, tutor, cool peer, or ATM.
Mentoring is FUN!