About Kids FIRST
On April 4th, voters will be asked to vote on Kids FIRST, a JC Schools bond issue, which will:
- Build an early childhood center for the community;
- Upgrade technology for all Pre-K through eighth grade classrooms by replacing outdated smart boards with interactive touchscreens;
- Renovate Lewis & Clark and Thomas Jefferson middle schools;
- Expand the Nichols Career Center campus and course offerings;
- Replace the aging sound and light equipment at the Miller Performing Arts Center; and more.
Kids FIRST is a zero-tax-rate-increase bond issue that will not change the district’s current tax rate. Vote April 4th!
A community meeting will be held on Thursday, March 9th at 5:00PM at the Dix Road Education Center (204 Dix Road). We will provide a presentation and overview of the bond issue before our regular monthly board meeting at 6:00PM. This meeting will be recorded and posted on this webpage afterwards for anyone who is unable to attend.