About Kids FIRST
On April 4th, 2023 Kids FIRST, a JC Schools bond issue, passed with approval from 68 percent of voters. The bond issue will:
- Build an early childhood center for the community;
- Upgrade technology for all Pre-K through eighth grade classrooms by replacing outdated smart boards with interactive touchscreens;
- Renovate Lewis & Clark and Thomas Jefferson middle schools;
- Expand the Nichols Career Center campus and course offerings;
- Replace the aging sound and light equipment at the Miller Performing Arts Center; and more.
Kids FIRST is a zero-tax-rate-increase bond issue that will not change the district’s current tax rate. The initial batch of bonds will be priced the week of May 22, 2023. Learn more about the series of general obligation bonds HERE.
We are incredibly grateful to our community for showing their support for JC Schools. There is now a ton of exciting work to be done as we move forward to begin the Kids FIRST projects. We appreciate those who put their faith in us and the District of Champions we are building!