Boundary Line - Address Look-Up Tool
Please note the features/options available:
- to switch from map and satellite views (in top left corner)
- to switch from viewing elementary, middle and high school boundary lines using the radial buttons (in top left corner)
- to zoom in to see street names/views (bottom right corner)
Having trouble viewing/accessing the tool?
If you are on a mobile device, you will have to zoom in considerably to access the search bar, which appears underneath the map legend/list of schools. It also helps if you turn your phone to the side (long-ways) and makes it easier to see the address search bar. We recognize this is less than ideal and are hoping to work with the site developer to see what we can do about the mobile optimization. In the meantime, we are able to look up the address for you if you call our office (659-3014), or if you have access to a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer you will have much better luck there.
SPECIAL PERMISSION GUIDELINES
- With the opening of Capital City High School and the boundary line adjustments for families within the Cedar Hill & Thorpe Gordon attendance areas, some affected students may be allowed to stay in their current track with their current class.
- Boundary lines will go into effect at the start of the 2019-2020 school year, and students will attend the school in which they reside.
- JCPS does not want to split families when siblings could be in the same building. We will consider these special permission scenarios:
- Special permission only applies to younger siblings when an older sibling is attending the requested building and both siblings will attend the school at the same time.
- Once a student forfeits their special permission and attends their home school, the student will remain at their home school.
- Current (2018-2019) TJMS or LCMS students can finish their middle and high school track with their class, provided residency does not change.
- This does not apply to current middle school students attending on special permission.
- If you are a middle school student who attended Thorpe Gordon or Cedar Hill and live in the area impacted by boundary line changes, you are eligible to apply for special permission to stay in your current building (with your current class).
Have more questions about your family's scenario? View the list of potential scenarios here and see what options are available.
- All special permissions granted will require personal transportation.
- To be considered for special permission you must fill out the 2019-2020 Boundary Change Special Permission form and submit via mail or hand delivery to: JCPS Chief of Learning, 315 East Dunklin St., Jefferson City, MO 65101. We request the return of completed applications by February 1, 2019.
-All non-boundary line special permission requests can be submitted when that window opens in April.
- For questions about special permissions, please contact the JCPS Chief of Learning by calling 573-659-3041.
To review information about the recent boundary lines changes, committee work, etc., click here.