January 16, 2019
- All Lady Jays interested in participating in girls soccer this coming Spring should attend the player only meeting on Thursday, January 17th, at 6:15pm in the cafeteria of JCHS. Ladies please bring your chromebooks to the meeting. If you are unable to attend, please talk to Coach Hirst or Coach Trimble as soon as you can.
- Seniors: this is a reminder that your Common Scholarship information is due this Friday, Jan. 18th, by 8 am. Even though school is not in session, you can still bring your information to the counseling office to turn in that morning. No late applications will be accepted.
- Sophomores and Juniors interested in touring Nichols should make sure and sign up for a tour by the end of the day on Thursday, Jan. 17th. You can sign up through your google classroom with the NCC form link. Please see the counseling office if you have any questions.
- Students attending Saturday School this Saturday, January 19th need to meet at the MIDDLE HALLWAY DOOR of the Nichols Building. Ms. Turner will be there to greet you, but you must be there before 8 AM. If you don’t know where the middle hallway door is, ask a principal before you leave today!
- It's time for the library's annual Blind Date with a Book. Come to the library to check out a wrapped book and go on a date that won't disappoint. Each time you check out a book you not only get candy, but you also are entered into a drawing for a Valentine's Day prize. Choose your book date anytime in the library before February 14.
- Any junior girl interested in Girls State, needs to complete the google form in your counseling 2020 graduation classroom or see Mrs. Welch in counseling.
- Did you forgot to purchase your senior ad for the yearbook? Good news! We've extended the deadline to Feb. 15. That's right, you can continue to purchase senior ads for the yearbook until Feb. 15. There are many sizes available, with the smallest starting at just $15. Forms are available in the main office or on Google Classroom.
- The Winter Sports Dance will be here before you know it! The dance is Saturday, Jan. 26th from 8-11. The usual dance rules apply: you must have 90% attendance, all discipline must be served, and all fines and fees must be paid before you can purchase tickets. You must pay your fines in the main office unless it’s a library fine (those can be paid directly in the library). If you are paying fines with a credit card, you can only do that online through Infinite Campus (our credit card machine is down). Tickets will go on sale Tuesday, Jan. 22nd and will be sold until Friday, 25th. Tickets are $7 each. You can purchase them before school in the main office or during your lunch shift in the cafeteria. If you are bringing a guest who does not attend JCHS, Simonsen, or JCAC, you must fill out the guest paperwork and it must be approved BEFORE tickets can be purchased. Guest forms are due by Jan 24th at 3:00. Get those filled out now… don’t wait until the last minute!