Sept 20, 2019
- Students interested in taking the PSAT can sign up in the counseling office starting September 23rd. The cost is $22.00.
- Today is the last day to register for the October ACT test. If you register after Friday, you will pay a late fee. Test date is Oct. 26th. See www.actstudent.org for more information or to register.
- Students attending Saturday School tomorrow, Saturday, September 21st need to meet at the BACK DOOR of the Nichols Building. Ms. Turner will be there to greet you, but you must be there before 8 AM. If you don’t know where the back door is, ask a principal before you leave today!
- The Capital Area Regional College Fair is happening next Tuesday, September 24th from 7-8:30 here in Jefferson City at The LINC. Be one of the students from eleven high schools who come to "shop" for options after high school. We will have pre-fair workshops for you to attend as well. If you haven't registered for your bar code, go to www.strivefair.com--it only takes a couple of minutes and you'll be set for the night. A list of colleges/universities/military is posted in your Google classroom. Don't miss out on this once a year event!
- Astronomy Club will have an informational meeting on Thursday Sept 26 at 8:15 in room 230. Anyone interested in joining should plan on attending. If you are unable to attend, but would like to be a member of the Astronomy Club, please join the Astronomy club google classroom. The classroom code is: Yaq5p6
- Are you a sucker for a good story? Do you enjoy attending all the events? Is photography your thing? Do you like to uncover the truth? Do you want to see your name in print? Join the Red & Black journalism club. It’s a great way to gain real-world experience and a great addition to your college resume. The Red & Black will have our first meeting on Monday, September 23 at 3:45 in Ms. Thrasher’s room 215.
- FBLA will hold an informational meeting on September 26, at 8:00 a.m.and 3:45 in room 403. If you are interested in business, come discover what FBLA is about. Attend the informational meeting to be entered into a drawing for a free T-shirt.
- The JCHS Counseling Department is offering Juniors & Seniors the opportunity to attend ONE of our college bus trips. We will be visiting schools in Columbia, MO on Oct 1st. The cost is $1 and limited to only 40 students per trip. In order to reserve a spot on the bus, you must return the permission slip and $1.00 to Mrs. Stevens or Ms. Baird in the counseling department. Students who would like to participate must have good attendance, good grades, and be in good standing behaviorally.
- Did you know that any student 9-12 may earn a Jay Reader's Award? Seniors may also earn a Seal of Excellence in reading. Let the librarians know if you are interested. More details on the library website and in the library. #jaysread
- If you purchased and received a JCHS yearbook last school year (the white book titled "the only thing constant in life is change"), then you need to make sure you get your supplemental insert. These are additional pages that have photos and stories about spring sports, Mr JC, prom and graduation. These pages can be secured into the back of your yearbook. There is NO additional charge for these pages -- they essentially complete the book to make it a full history of the school year. We have been distributing these at lunch. However, if you have not yet received your supplement pages, PLEASE come pick them up before or after school in JCHS room 213, which is right by the library.