Any JCHS student in grades 9-12 has the opportunity to earn the Jay Reader's Award each year. The award will be presented at the Jay Pride awards ceremony at the end of the school year.
- Students read and review a minimum of four Gateway Award nominees for the current school year.
- Students read and review a minimum of two books (fiction or nonfiction) from the college-bound reading list provided by the JCHS Library or approved by the librarians.
- Students read and review a minimum of four books (fiction or nonfiction) of their choice. Students submit titles prior to reading for approval.
- Students participate in at least two book clubs through the JCHS Library. Books read during book club can count towards the required reading.
- Students meet with the librarians twice during the school year (November and April) to verify reading.
*Required novels for JCHS classes do not apply towards the award.
See a librarian to sign up or get more information.