The Jefferson City Public Schools provide phone alerts to all families and staff through the School Messenger calling system. Phone numbers for these calls are taken from the district's databases. If you are a parent and you believe you did not receive a call from either your child's school or the district, please contact your child's school and double-check to make sure your phone number is correctly entered into the district database.
Receive a call by mistake? Phone numbers change, and sometimes our system is not updated as quickly or accurately as we would like. If you receive a JCPS call and you do not have children in the schools or are not a staff member, call us at 573.659.3018 and we'll remove your number.
TEXT MESSAGESJCPS utilizes the text message feature through the SchoolMessenger notification system as well. Are you a parent/guardian and are not receiving texts from JCPS - and you'd like to?
- Call your child's school and ask the building secretary to make sure you are set up to receive text messages and that your cell phone number is listed correctly. If you have students in multiple buildings, you only need to call one school - the siblings' info will be updated too.
- If your cell number was already set up to receive texts, you'll be able to simply text Y (for Yes) to 675-87.
- If your cell number was not set up to receive texts and you are just now signing up, you'll receive a text from our system (likely on the following day) asking you to verify that you want to receive texts from JCPS. Be sure to reply Y (for Yes) to that message.
- If you don't receive the confirmation/subscription text from our system, text HELP to 675-87. There may be rare instances where you'd need to contact your cell phone provider for assistance.
Here's what the confirmation text message will look like:Want to stop getting texts from JCPS?
Please note that text messaging is only available to parents/guardians of JCPS students. Please call the Communications Department at 659.3018 if you have any questions.
- Call your child's school and ask the building secretary to please remove you from the text messaging feature.
- Then, text STOP to 675-87.