Projectors & SMART Boards
Projectors are the image. SMART Board is a "big mouse".
- If there are issues with the touch functionality this means there may be a problem with the SMART Board.
- If there are issues with the image being or not being shown this means there may be a problem with the projector.
When decorating a classroom please make sure that there are no decorations touching the SMART Board. Remember the SMART Board is like a big mouse if there are decorations touching it there will be issues when trying to use it for instructional purposes. It is also not a shelf to set decorations on top of.
- There cannot be electricity running behind the SMART Board this causes electrical interference. Example no string or decorative lights or extension cords.
Projectors - Cleaning the projector filter out once a week will help the projector get the air that it requires to keep it from overheating. In some schools, this is called “Filter Friday”.
Projector Input Connections
Projectors - Remotes.
If there is a SMART Board in the classroom the resolution is 1024 x 768 other resolutions will not fill the board or will cut off the image.
SMART Board (with 4 pens) pen/eraser not working but the indicator light on the lower right of the SMART Board is green
- Sometimes dust will accumulate over the sensors. Please follow the steps below:
- Check to see if indicator light for the pen/eraser comes on when the pen/eraser is picked up.
- If indicator light does not come on blow into the pen tray of the pen/eraser spot that is not working.
- Check to see if indicator light comes on when pen/eraser is picked up.
Sound not very loud
- Please make sure the volume is turned up on the media player and the computer.
Sound has a buzzing sound
- The buzzing sound is commonly due to electrical feedback. Please make sure the volume is turned up on the media player and the computer to 100% then adjust the sound level with the projector.
SMART Board Connections
Troubleshooting Flowchart for SMART Board 600 Series
SMART Board 600 Series (4 pen board) User Guide
- Check out SMART Board 600 Series User Guide